slideshow widget

Wednesday, December 15, 2021

Zero People With Boosters Have Died Of COVID

Two weeks before I got COVID I tried to get a booster shot. The guy I talked to said I could only get it if I had a weak immune system. So I did not get it. Three weeks later I ended up with COVID. This was despite being fully vaccinated. 

I am convinced if I would have been allowed to get the booster I never would have gotten COVID. 

About three weeks later I got COVID. And I was offered monoclonal antibodies. And when I was getting my monoclonal antibody injection, the nurse said that the booster shot is not approved for anyone. It's a bit late for me. 

I was talking about this with a coworker. I said, "You better get your booster. I am convinced that the antibodies provided by the vaccines work great for six months. They prevent you from getting COVID. But then they start wearing off. And you can now get COVID." 

He said, "I do not want to get it. Do you have evidence that it works?" And I said, honestly, "No. I do not." 

There are no studies showing a booster will prevent you from getting COVID. Still, there was a recent report out of Sparrow Hospital in Lansing, Michigan. They note that cases of COVID increased 88% in the past month. And I believe it because we are seeing a massive spike in COVID cases here at Shoreline Hospital. Sparrow noted that they are now at 100% capacity. And the same is true where I work. 

Sparrow has had 289 deaths due to COVID in 2021. And that is with one month to go. Of those, 75 percent are unvaccinated. Likewise, of all the vaccinated who died of COVID, all were 6 months removed from their 2nd vaccination shot. 

Also, there were zero deaths among those who had had their booster shots. So, while this is not a study, it is telling evidence that titers wear off over time. And that boosters help prevent deaths due to COVID. 

Besides, if you can get COVID without getting severe COVID, that's a GOOD thing, not a bad thing. That's a great way of building up herd immunity. 

References.
  1. Marquez, Miguel, "Covid-19 patients at this hospital are dying 'at a rate we've never seen die before' -- and it's taking a toll on health care workers," 2021, December 10, https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/09/us/hospital-covid-19-deaths-michigan/index.html, accessed 12/11/2021

No comments: