slideshow widget

Thursday, December 16, 2021

Laughing In Church

A meme came in my Facebook feed: "Tell us you grew up in Church without telling us you grew up in church." 

Lol. I like this meme. I remember my brother David and I would start giggling just because, and dad would pinch the skin of my leg as his way of saying, "Pay attention!" 

Some weeks we'd be at Grandma's house. And we didn't want to go to Church in the morning. So grandma would let us go to Church on Saturday evening. We would walk there from grandma's. And David would start laughing for no particular reason. And so I would start laughing. And we wouldn't be able to stop. 

And one time, a man in front of us said, "What is so funny?" And that just made us laugh even harder because there was no reason for our laughter. It was just the fact that we were together. 

The funny thing (pun intended) was 40 years later we were at my aunt's funeral, and we started inappropriately laughing just like in the old days. And dad didn't say anything this time. 

It makes me laugh just thinking about it.

No comments: