slideshow widget

Wednesday, November 17, 2021

What Do You Do If your BiPAP Causes Mouth Dryness?

Your Question. My BiPAP is set to my specifications but has trouble with extreme mouth dryness. My humidity is set ok. Could it mean my mouth is opening during sleep? How do I fix this?"

My Answer: Common causes of mouth dryness may include side effects to one of your medications (are you taking anything new?), Humidity not turned on (you said yours is ok), and a mask that is leaking. Are you using a full face mask? Or a nasal mask? In my experience, full face masks seem to help prevent leaks. And, you can check for leaks by placing your hands around your mask to see if you feel any air leaking out. If this is the case, creating a tighter seal may resolve this issue. These are just some initial steps to try if you haven't already. 


No comments: