slideshow widget

Monday, October 13, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! RT Cave one year old today

Guess what, everybody. This post marks the RT Cave's first birthday. When I started this one year ago today, I never imagined all the good things that would happen as a result of this blog.

I have found 25 fellow RT bloggers, and a ton of RN, EMT and doctor bloggers to share hospital stories with. Which is cool, because Lord knows you can't talk hospital language among non hospital people.

It's really cool that we share our hospital humor and experiences, because it reminds us all that we are all basically the same. And it's neat to share and learn from our experiences.

One of the things I think is coolest about this blog -- something I never expected -- was that I have also obtained a following of non-medical bloggers and readers. I've impressed COPDers with my posts about COPD patients. I think I picked up a ton of COPDers when I wrote my post about the hypoxic drive theory and how I think it is a farce.

Of course I have asthma, and my stories about asthma likewise have picked up me a following of asthmatic and asthma parents. I never expected it. There is nothing I like to do more than swap asthma stories with fellow asthmatics, or swap short-of-breath stories with any chronic lunger.

I just want you guys to know that I think it's been an amazing year, and I want to thank all of you for sticking around. I know that it's impossible for me to write something everyday to entertain all of you guys all at once, but you've stuck with me nonetheless.

I appreciate that. I think the reason that any of us blog is because we have that special desire to communicate -- to write. We love doing this. This thing, this Internet, this blogosphere, is an amazing resource for America. It's a great way to share ideas.

When I started this I was afraid I'd run out of ideas. Yet, I never did. And while I had thought about making this my last post, I have a series of new posts ready to publish, so I suppose I'll be around for another week or so at the very least.

That desire to write still hasn't left me, so I imagine there's a chance the RT Cave might still be around next year at this time. We'll see.

Again, I never expected this day to come. I never expected the RT Cave to ever amount to anything. I want to thank each and every one of you guys from the bottom of my writing heart.

Thank you.

1 comment:

cwjsmama said...

Happy Birthday, blog! Glad I found you!