slideshow widget

Friday, September 5, 2008

A Kodak moment in ER

I deserved a good night tonight, and I got one. In fact, about half way through the night I tired of blogging, so I decided to go for a walk.

As the double doors to ER swung open, I could hear a TV. Looking at all the patient rooms, I saw the lights were off. At the nurses station, there were no nurses.

But I could hear a TV.

I walked through the nurses station to the small doctor's room, and there was the doctor, all three nurses, the unit secretary and the nurses aide watching Sarah Palin's speech on the Internet.

They seemed to be enjoying it.

It was an amazing sight. Hardly ever do you see members of this particular department with the time to fool around in this way.

"What a sight for sore eyes," I said, "I should shut the door and lock you all in, so you don't bother your RT the rest of the night."

The charge nurse looked at me cockeyed, then she smiled. "What did you say."

"Nothing...nothing at all."

No comments: