So, that in mind, the last time I worked a day I created this list.
Reasons I hate working days:
- You have to go to bed early.
- You have to get up early.
- There's nowhere to park.
- When you get your work done, there's nowhere to hide.
- You have to work around breakfast.
- You have to work around lunch.
- You have to work around dinner.
- You have to work around physical therapy.
- You have to work around x-ray
- You have to work around baths.
- You can never access a chart.
- You have to deal with all the doctor's orders.
- Everybody's awake and want their treatments.
- Patient roulette. That is, you have to deal with patients being shuffled room to room.
- There's always some nurse who should have retired years ago.
- The annoying, egotystical RNs who used to work nights with you are now working days.