slideshow widget

Thursday, October 17, 2019

A Cunning Patient Gets Me To Reveal My Political Views

I have talked before on this blog how I do talk politics with my patients. You just have to be careful. So, I had a nice political discussion with Mrs. G. I sat in her room for 30 minutes talking with her. A great patient. One of my favorites.

Then I moved on to another room. This was Mrs. X. She's another of my favorite patients. She was a little gruff. Very, very smart, but gruff. So, I'm sitting in a chair in her room watching TV with her. The show she was watching was Fox News. I was enjoying whatever was on.

She said, "So, which one of these channels do you watch?"

I looked at her. I said, "What do you mean?"

She said, "Well, do you watch Fox, CNN, or MSNBC."

I looked back up at the TV. I made doubly sure I knew what channel she was watching. I said, "Fox News."

She said, "Ohhhhh, so you're one of those."

I said, "Oh, you were testing me."

She said, "I was just watching this channel to see what your kind is up to these days."

Aha. She got me. Funny thing is, if she was watching CNN I would have answered, "CNN."

No comments: