slideshow widget

Thursday, April 12, 2018

A Conversation With My Son

So, this is not respiratory therapy related. But, we all have families. And we all enjoy kids. So, here's a little conversation I had with my 7 YO a few days ago.

Son: "Dad, what does the F-word mean?"

Oh, keep in mind I have a teenage daughter. And my son will not say these words. He will only refer to them.

I said, "Ummmmm"

While I scratched my head in search of a good answer, he spared me. He said, "Does it have something to do with the S-word?"

"What S-Word?" I asked.

He sad, "You know: S-E-X."

I did not answer. After a short pause, he said.

"Say it day. Say the s-word."

"I said, "The s-word."

"No, say the actual s-word."

"The actual s-word."

"No. Say S-E-X."

"S-E-X."

"Dad, just say the word," he continued on, calmly, cooly.

"Fine," I said, "Sex." Pause for effect. Then I bravely added a question. I asked, "What does sex mean, anyway?"

He smiled, and said, "You know, it's short for sexy."

No comments: