slideshow widget

Saturday, November 19, 2016

5.5 Million Clicks on This Blog

I just realized that we are now over 5.5 million views on this blog. That's pretty impressive, at least I think so. For a blog that I started on October 13, 2007, just so I could have something to do while working the night shift, that's pretty good.

Here we are, nine years later. I knew that I was going to focus on respiratory, but I had no idea what specific topics I was going to cover. I had no idea that this blog would take off the way it did, and the other opportunities that would transpire as a direct result of this blog.

I wrote my first post about a Beeper. How stupid! Much of my earlier writings were poorly written. Still, I was dedicated to it and would end up publishing at least one post every day for the first five years.

About a year after I started this blog, I received an email from a publisher at myasthmacentral.com.  She wrote: "I love your blog. I especially love your humor. I love the way you write about 'stupid doctor orders,' and 'Bronchodilator reform.' We would love to have someone like you writing for us. We are willing to pay."

Of course, when you get emails like this, your first quest is to make sure it's real and not spam. This would spawn a writing career at healthcentral.com for the next seven years, and now at asthma.net and copd.net.

I have not been writing so much for this blog in recent years. This is not because I don't want to, more so that I now work day shift, have two more kids than I had back then, and don't have as much time for telling the truth about the respiratory therapy profession.

I would like to thank everyone who comes around here once in a while to see if there's anything new. I thank all those who have come here in the past. I thank all those of you who have written me emails or written comments such as, "I love your blog." It motivates me.

I will probably take a break for a while, but chances are pretty good I will keep this blog going. If you have questions, I will continue to answer them. In the meantime, I just want to say, "Thank YOU!!!" Thank you for making this blog such a success. The RT Cave is still the most popular respiratory therapy blog on the Internet, and that's all because of YOU. Thanks!

No comments: