slideshow widget

Monday, August 4, 2014

Will overdosing on Claritin hurt me?

Your question:  I just took two claritin tablets back to back and now I'm worried about side effects  I now have a headache and I feel nauseated.  What should I do?

My answer:  First of all, I would recommend when you have this type of question that requires an immediate answer to call your physician, pharmacist, or nurse hotline in order to get an immediate answer.  I say this because it may take a long time before someone reads an email or responds to a post like this.

That said, as I wrote about last week, Claritin is a medicine with negligible side effects.  Studies show that doubling the dose from 10 mg to 20 mg is safe.  In fact, the recommended dose in some countries of Europe is 10-20 mg.  Some people take even more than that are do just fine.

RT Cave Facebook Page
RT Cave on Twitter
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments: