slideshow widget

Saturday, April 13, 2013

The sorry truth

So it's the end of my shift.  My coworker arrives.  The phone rings.  It's the critical care unit.  They have a patient who suddenly became dyspneic and wants you to assess the patient.  The doctor has already been called.

I said, "You better rush to the unit before the doctor calls back, or you'll end up giving Ventolin whether it's needed or not."

She said, "I'm going to take my time, because no matter what I recommend I'll be doing a breathing treatment."

I said, "True."

2 comments:

Nick Dupree said...

do you see any vent-dependent people like me on your rounds? Sometimes RTs are relieved to see me, giving me a look like OMG finally something RT-necessary!

Rick Frea said...

Nick, I love your blog. You seem to have the same burning passion I do in your writing. Love it!!! And your art is absolutely phenomenal. I will create a link to it from my main page...