slideshow widget

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

RT Cave Rule #53: The borrowing Rule

Don't borrow what you don't intend to return
Due to my own personal experience with borrowing, I've decided it's a bad idea.  Borrowing is the same as a loan, and it leaves you as something similar to a slave to the borrower. Don't do it!

If you're going to borrow something, use it and then give it back right away. I don't carry scissors on me, so if I need a pair I borrow it.  Yet I don't want to be a slave to the lender, so I promptly use it, clean it, and place it right in the palm of the lender.  

Shoot!  I forgot my stethoscope again.  So I borrow one that's hanging in the department.  Three months later my coworkers asks me if I took his stethoscope.  I say no.  A few days later I find it under my bed in three pieces.  How did this happen?  Now I'm a liar and a slave to my coworker.  I'm a slave until I buck up the $150 to purchase him a new one.

I borrowed the leaf blower from my neighbor and I never even got it to work.  It sat in my garage all summer because I was too busy to return it.  Then I forgot.  Then my neighbor and his wife are heard arguing about where the blower could be.  An awkward position for me.

So thus brings me to a rule about borrowing:  Do not carry something of someone else's in your lab coat, because chances are you'll be in a rush to go home at the end of your shift and you won't be thinking about what's in your pockets.

We'll make this RT Cave #61:  
Do not carry something of someone else's in your lab coat, because chances are you'll be in a rush to go home at the end of your shift and you won't be thinking about what's in your pockets. You'll then be responsible for something that's not yours, and you'll end up a slave to the lender.

No comments: