slideshow widget

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Getting along with RT bosses

Jimmy Thacker, RRT, and blogger of "In My Opinion" wrote a nice blog post about how to know if your boss is a jerk.  I'm not so good at judging people in that manner.  In fact, I don't even care if my boss is a jerk or not, because I'm an affable person who gets along with everyone.

Surely my boss has his faults, and reasonably so.  I have my faults too.  One of the main reason we hate some people is not so much that person is a bad person more so than we fail to see things from that person's point of view.  Worded better, we don't take the time to walk in that other person's shoes.

While the main responsibility of us RTs is to save lives, the main responsibility of administrators (our bosses) is not just to save lives but to save money.  If we save lives and go in debt in the process, not only do you risk losing your job but he may lose his job too.

So there's two sides of the street, while we often just look one way.  So the next time you think your boss is being a jerk, perhaps it might be a good idea to put on his shoes and take a few steps.  You may not want his job, yet you should at least consider why he's behaving as he is.

Some say if you get along with your boss your an ass kisser, or you have brown on your nose.  Yet I think getting along with your boss is common sense.  You have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

That said, just because you get along with your boss, and just because you empathize, doesn't mean you have to always agree with that person.  I disagree with my boss almost as much as I agree.  So judge me as you will.

No comments: