slideshow widget

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Are there different kinds of COPD?

Every day at COPDConnection.com we get lots of asthma related questions. Below are some questions I thought my readers at the RT Cave would enjoy.

Your Question: I have asthma/copd,and basement 60%musty humidity. i want to move out of this house, but husband won't, what do i do about musty humidity?">COPD Connection.com we get lots of COPD related questions. Below are some questions I thought my readers at the RT Cave would enjoy.

Your Question: is dissiness a nicotine withdrawal symptom

My humble answer: I do not see dizziness listed as a withdrawal symptom. You can check out the symptoms in this quit smoking guide from the Michigan Dept. of Community Health or in this post. If you're feeling dizzy, and even if it is caused by quitting smoking, this can be a sign that something serious is going on, and you should call your physician.

Your Question: Are there different kinds of COPD?

My humble answer: Most of the time when a doctor is referring to COPD he is referring to either emphysema or chronic bronchitis. Yet occasionally asthma can fall into the COPD category when asthma becomes more severe. In most cases, however, when a doctor is referring to COPD he's referring either to emphysema and chronic bronchitis caused by smoking. Most people diagnosed with COPD usually have both chronic bronchitis and emphysema to some degree. I actaully go into this in more detail in this post.

If you have any further questions email me, or Visit COPDConnection.com Q&A section.


No comments: