slideshow widget

Sunday, February 20, 2011

The stick of Moses

Most of the time when we face a conundrum the answer is in our hands.

Moses said to the Lord: "The Red Sea is before me, and the Egyptian Army is behind me. What am I going to do?"

God said, "What do you have in your hand?"

Moses said, "All I have is my staff." So he set his staff in the Red Sea, and it parted, making a path for him and his men. The Red Sea was parted by a simple stick. The Israeli's escaped the Egyptian King.

The moral here is that we all have a "stick" to make our way through life's obstacles. We all have our own unique abilities to make it through life, and to make life better. We all have a gift. We all have a unique gift.

It is up to us what we do with that gift. We all have a stick. My stick is my ability to write. My stick is my ability to communicate by words. My stick is my knowledge about respiratory therapy. My stick is the wisdom I've obtained through my life as an asthmatic, as a respiratory student, as a believer, and my experience as a respiratory therapist.

My stick is my wisdom as an American, and as a thinker, a philosopher, as...

Have you found your stick yet?

No comments: