slideshow widget

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Heart Attack waiting to happen

Donna Simpson is a 46-year-old woman who has the dream of one day being the fattest woman in the world. This is quite stunning considering at present she only (I write "only" lightly, and no pun intended) weighs 650 pounds. Her goal is 1,000 pounds, so she's still 350 pounds short.

This is according to the Blaze, which basically blogged about this post from the dailymail.co.uk. For Christmas she gobbled down 30,000 calories, which included two 25 pound turkeys, 5 loaves of bread, 5 pounds of stuffing, and 20 pounds of vegetables. For dessert she ate, salad made of marshmallow, cream cheese, whipped cream and cookies.

She's already the largest woman to ever give birth, according to Guinnes World Records. She had a C-Section and it took 30 medics to deliver her child.

She says she's healthy, yet she has to use a personally constructed chair to get around.

Irresponsible? Yes!

Could you imagine bringing a child into her twisted world. Does she comprehend what's going to happen to her beautiful child when she dies of a corronary. Whether she knows it or not, that's exactly the direction she's headed.

I know this, because I've seen it. You have a God given right to eat bad and not take care of your body. Yet you also have a God given right to take responsibility for your decisions.

Thankfully she doesn't live in a society that makes it illegal to "not" take care of your body. I say this because I respect her decision to eat too much and be unhealthy. It's her God given right. Even though I think it's quite irresponsible.

In fact, she loves eating and loves people watching her eat. If you want you can watch her on her blog, although you'll have to find it on your own because I don't endorse it. No I have not checked it out myself.

"I love eating and people love watching me eat," she said. "It makes people happy, and I'm not harming anyone."

She's happy. That's all that matters, I guess.

Nobody is perfect. Many of us are overweight.

Still, when you are a medical care giver as I am (as we are), you can't help but think this is a person who will probably be someone you (or I) will be taking care of in the years to come -- that is, unless she comes to her senses.

Facebook
Twitter

No comments: