slideshow widget

Thursday, July 2, 2009

A lesson for the boy

Like any child, mine dreams of becoming a professional baseball player. He says when he becomes a "Detroit Tiger" he will buy his parents a nice home.

"But," he said, "I would never want to be a famous actor singer like Michael Jackson because it seems all that fame does is bring misery."

I was impressed by my son's observation, but I had to add, "A baseball star is famous too, and most baseball players are away from home half the year, and are provided with the same temptations as any person with lots of money and time from home."

"Oh!" he said.

So, to make a lesson out of it, I said, "So, when you become famous, make sure you keep your priorities straight. Make sure you don't put material things before your wife, your kids and other people."

"That makes sense," he said. Too bad my RT bosses weren't as logical as my son.

No comments: