My answer: There are a few jobs you can do with no degree. I highly recommend anyone who is thinking about getting a job in the medical field to get one of these jobs to get your foot in the door of the medical field.
- Nursing Aide: Assisting nurses; walking patient, changing beds, checking sugar, etc.
- Labratory Tech: drawing blood
- Respiratory Therapy Tech: EKG, Stress Testing, EEG, PFT
- Unit Secretary: Chekcing orders, paper work, filing, calling physicians for nurses, etc.
- Monotor tech: Watching telemetry monitors
- Admitting: register patients
- Housekeeping: perhaps not as appealing, but at least you'd get used to hospital milieu
- Janetorial services: Now called environmental services; you'd get used to hospital milieu
- Volunteer: no pay, but you'd gain experience working with patients, visitors, doctors, hospital staff