1. The breathing treatment is indicated.
- Here is a list of indications for breathing treatments
- Here is a list of non-indications for breathing treatments
3. The patient is not on the RT board and is someone we should watch.
4. The patient is deaf, blind, or is otherwise psychologically impaired in some way (dementia, altzheimers, autistic, etc.) and may need special care and attention
5. The patient requires a special technique, such as gentle CPT, or the pt can't wear a mask due to painful facial skin.
6. The patient is on a vent or BiPAP or Vent.
So, as report time looms, ask yourself this question: Is the therapy needed?
Then, If the patient is on breathing treatments, and the treatment is ordered for a non-indicated reason, and the patient is not in any respiratory distress, then all that's needed in report is a time.
However, common sense applies.