Pidley and annoying Respiratory Therapists are trained that Albuterol and Xoponex should only be given after an assessment reveals shortness of breath caused by bronchospasm. Yet we doctors know all respiratory illnesses require breathing treatments, and therefore we should always order treatments at which of the following frequencies:
- a. PRN and allow RT to assess and treat as appropriate.
- b. QID because the patient will only be short of breath four times a day.
- c. Q4 because RTs aren't smart enough to assess appropriately.
- d. Q4 because we Drs know exactly when a patient will be SOB.
- e. Q-4ever because this next treatment might just be the one.
- f. Q6 because we Drs know exactly when a patient will be SOB.
- g. b, c, d,
- h. b and f
- i. b, c, d, e and f
- h. All of the above