The good RT over at RT 101 recommended we bloggers participate in this meme. So, being a weekend with some free time on my hands, I thought I'd play along. I suppose if nothing else this helps to personalize the blog a bit more.
"It’s 100 questions about things you have or have not done. You’re supposed to bold the answers you have done. Ready set GO!"
I normally avoid these things, but -- for what it's worth -- here goes.
1. Started your own blog. Sure did.
2. Slept under the stars. As a kid.
3. Played in a band. Nope.
4. Visited Hawaii. No, but I surely would like to. I imagine I'll have to wait until my youngest is at least 18, which means I will have to wait 18 years.
5. Watched a meteor shower. No. But I would like to.
6. Given more than you can afford to charity. Your humble Rt is of frugal mind.
7. Been to Disneyland. Yes. Wait, no. I have been to Walt Disney World. We take the family there every year because my parents have a winter home 20 minutes from Mickey Mouse.
8. Climbed a mountain. Nothing like Everest, Denali, or Kilimanjaro but I’ve climbed a few smaller peaks. No. Not really interested in this one.
9. Held a praying mantis. Yes. I was a kid. It bit me.
10. Sang a solo. We had to in high school. Boy was I aweful.
11. Bungee jumped. No and will never do this.
12. Visited Paris. No, but if the wife desires we may go there when we retire.
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea. Not from see but from the shores of lake Michigan.
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch. Well, I taught myself how to write and draw, but there was help along the way.
15. Adopted a child. Yes.
16. Had food poisoning. Not that I know of.
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty. No.
18. Grown your own vegetables. Yes. Have a small garden.
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France. No.
20. Slept on an overnight train. No.
21. Had a pillow fight. Beat the crap out of my brothers when we were little. Well, maybe they beat the crap out of me. Yes.
22. Hitch hiked. No desire.
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill. I have, but not from my RT job. However, at times I would like to.
24. Built a snow fort. Yes. My brothers and I built many. I helped my son build one last year. I suppose we might work on one tomorrow.
25. Held a lamb. No. Does anybody?
26. Gone skinny dipping. Nope.
27. Run a Marathon. Nope.
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice. Nope.
29. Seen a total eclipse. Yep.
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset. Yes. One of the best places to do this is at the end of the peir on Lake Michigan, or in the dunes at Crystal Lake.
31. Hit a home run. Yes. Inside the park.
32. Been on a cruise. Yes. We went to Key West, Cozumel and some other place in Mexico. It was one of the best times in my life and I hope to do it again some day. I highly recommend it.
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person. Yes. We drove there a few years ago.
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors. Yep. I live there. Or does your home town not count.
35. Seen an Amish community. Yeah, there are a few of them around here.
36. Taught yourself a new language. Everybody should learn English. My brother used to say that he only knows one language and he doesn't even know that one very well.
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied. Maybe when I was 10.
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person. Nope.
39. Gone rock (wall) climbing. Yes. We had to do this as part of a camp at Eagle Village in the 8th grade.
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David. Nope
41. Sung karaoke. Regratably yes. I was drunk. And there were a bunch of us guys so no one could here how bad I sing. Is it called singing?
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt. No.
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant. No
44. Visited Africa. No.
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight. I have lived a mile from lake Michigan my whole life. I have done this a few times.
46. Been transported in an ambulance. I rode in one as an RT, so I will consider this a yes. Our RT department used to ride in the ambulance when there was a vented patient, but we no longer are responsible for this. I used to enjoy doing this.
47. Had your portrait painted drawn. No. You want to do it.
48. Gone deep sea fishing. I don't like fishing.
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person. No.
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris. No.
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling. I had a chance to do this on my cruise, but declined. I was told it was really fun though.
52. Kissed in the rain. No.
53. Played in the mud. Yes. I grew up one of five brothers. We made plenty of messes.
54. Gone to a drive-in theater. Yes. They used to have one where I grew up and here where I live now. They are both gone now.
55. Been in a movie. No.
56. Visited the Great Wall of China. Yes if you count Walt Disney World's Epcot center.
57. Started a business. Have no desire.
58. Taken a martial arts class. Yes.
59. Visited Russia. No.
60. Served at a soup kitchen. No.
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies. No.
62. Gone whale watching. No. But we went Manatee watching in Florida.
63. Got flowers for no reason. Well, no...
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma. Never. I don't think anyone would want my blood.
65. Gone sky diving. No. I'll do this as soon as I make my first million. lol
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp. No.
67. Bounced a check. Yes. Unfortunately. That's why my wife pays the bill.
68. Flown in a helicopter. No.
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial. No.
71. Eaten Caviar. Yucky.
72. Pieced a quilt. Helped grandma do it.
73. Stood in Times Square. No.
74. Toured the Everglades. No.
75. Been fired from a job. Well, yes. I was going to quit anyway.
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London. No.
77. Broken a bone. On my 10th birthday I was standing on a crooked stool to reach something on the top shelf. I fell and landed on the corner of my dresser. Ouch! If you've never broken a rib I just want you to know it really hurts and there's nothing anyone can do about it.
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle. No. Seen too many bad motorcycle accident victims in the ER to have any desire.
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person. No.
80. Published a book. No, but I'm working on it.
81. Visited the Vatican. No.
82. Bought a brand new car. No. My dad owned a dealership and taught us all that buying a new car is a waste of money. A car loses half its value the moment you drive it off the lot. It's better to buy a new used car (1-2 years old). But, most people aren't smart like my dad.
83. Walked in Jerusalem. I'll go there some day, after the conflict over there is over. lol
84. Had your picture in the newspaper. Many times. I used to work for a newspaper.
85. Read the entire Bible. I’ve read good portions of it but not the entire thing.
86. Visited the White House. I definitely want to go there. I want to take my son with me.
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating. No. But I helped my dad do it once.
88. Had chickenpox. I did but I was too little to remember.
89. Saved someone’s life.I work in a hospital.
90. Sat on a jury. No.
91. Met someone famous. I shook the hand of Jim Banchard when he was governor of Michigan. Had George Brett sign my Tiger yearbook after Kirk Gibson told me to go to hell (I still like Gibby). I met the kicker for the Denver Broncos and had him sign a whole bunch of stuff for me. I met Roger Craig and Jerry Rice in Denver at a car show. I shook Jack Morris's hand once and asked him a question. I met more famous people and I can't remember all of them.
92. Joined a book club. No.
93. Lost a loved one. Both grandparents and a couple aunts and uncles.
94. Had a baby. I have three kids.
95. Seen the Alamo in person. Texas is one of the few states I have never set foot in.
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake. No.
97. Been involved in a law suit. Yes. This hospital was sued a few years ago. You know what, I haven't written about that yet. I suppose I should. You'll have to remind me of this some day.
98. Owned a cell phone. My wife owns three. I have one, but I have never used it. I hate talking on the phone.
99. Been stung by a bee. Yes. It stings.
100. Read an entire book in one day. I can't read that fast.