slideshow widget

Friday, September 26, 2008

A 24-7 breathing treatment

I love days when I work that all the treatments I do are for bronchospasms, and they all do some good. Tonight was not one of those nights.

Tonight I was called to do a breathing treatment on a lady that I knew well from her past stays with us. The nurse called me and said this lady needed a treatment.

I said: "Why does she need a treatment?"

She said: "Because she's wheezing."

I said: "She always wheezes, and she always denies shortness of breath."

She said, "Oh."

I said, adding a smile:  "If we were to do a treatment every time she wheezed, we'd have to do one 24-7."

Actually, it wasn't even a wheeze. It was audible, and therefore it wasn't even a wheeze. But, I didn't go that route this time. I simply did the treatment and went about my business.

No comments: