I believe people have right to be stupid. You have the same right to be stupid as I have to try to be smart. Yet on the other hand, how do you define smart? While I consider myself smart, some people may think I'm stupid. So by the law of averages, you cannot get rid of stupid.
You can make laws up the ying yang, and stupid will still exist. Consider the following facts:
- Smoking is proven to kill. Period.
- Tanning beds are proven to increase the aging process and cause cancer
- Seat belts save lives
- Helmets for motorcyclists save lives
- Helmets save bikers
- Marijuana kills brain cells
- Most crimes are linked to drugs
- Health insurance is a good thing
- Too much salt is bad (although modern evidence suggests this is a myth too)
- Too many carbs are bad
- Too much fried food is bad