slideshow widget

Sunday, January 13, 2013

MCAT question #45

I cannot reveal my source, but I once again am privy to esoteric wisdom. The following is a question I have obtained from the Medical College Admission Exam (MCAT):

The patient presents with respiratory distress with a history of pulmonary fibrosis.  You ordere Albuterol Q30 minutes times three.  The RT approaches you and says, "The patient tolerated the treatment poorly.  She became extremely anxious and insisted I stop."  What is the most appropriate response?

a.  "Okay, we'll continue to assess the patient and let you know if there's anything further you can do."
b.  "Well, why don't you do an ABG."
c.  "Did you give the treatment with a mask?  If so, then give the next one with a mouthpiece."
d.  None of the above.

No comments: