slideshow widget

Monday, October 29, 2012

The worse part of being an RT

Your question:  What is the worse part of being an RT?

My answer:  Politics.  I hate it when you have to tell your boss, "Sorry, I will never do it again."  I think that is the most political BS I've ever heard, yet I find myself saying it all the time just so my boss thinks I care, and to prevent myself from going on the defense.  Because, as I've stated many times, if you resort to defending yourself, the assumption is you are guilty.  I use that all the time with my kids, and bosses are no different than pseudo parents.  Bosses control you. Bosses are your gods. So you have to use whatever politics necessary to stay on the up with them, even if it means lying your little pants off.  Thus, this is politics, and I hate it.  I hate that kind of politics, anyway.  I'd prefer to speak the truth, such as, "Oh, that's not a big deal. You guys are making a big to do of nothing."  Truthfully, that's often the case.

1 comment:

polopinojoe said...

it is sad and reassuring this is going on in other Respiratory Departments. I have a moral urge at times to tell the truth only to get into trouble or written up. This politics and hierarchy in the hospital has to change.