slideshow widget

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Welcome the easy solution with open arms

Dealing with anxieties that come with life can seem overwhelming at times.  Yet if we dig deep down to the basics of life, the solution may be easier than what we might think or feel at the time.

We as humans can take the things that happen to us and allow them to effect our lives.  We might even blame God and lash out at Him. Yet he thinks of us as children (Isaiah 49: 14-15) and welcomes us back with open arms and a smile.

As I sat in church today listening to the Priest, and my daughter was throwing a fit, it tended to make me want to beat the crap out of her.  Yet I didn't.  I did as the Priest described the Lord would do if I were to throw a fit and decide I hated him for letting something bad happen to me.  He would welcome me back with open arms.

This hit home with me only moments after the Priest talked about it, considering my daughter was sitting next to me refusing to sit the proper way, kicking her boots off and putting her coat over her head.  Yet I looked at  what was the #1 priority in my life, which is my relationship with God.

I decided that the most important thing for me to do in life is to keep my relationship with God strong. If you don't believe in God, then you can use God as a metaphor for values and virtues.  If you have values and virtues, if you have a strong relationship with God, everything else will fall into place.

We must not let the little things in life overwhelm us.  We must not let that our kids overwhelm us. We must not let a recession overwhelm us.  We must not worry about that of which really in the end doesn't matter -- like annoying doctors.

As Matthew writes (Matthew 6: 24-34), "This is why I tell you: do not be worried about the food and drink you need in order to stay alive, or about clothes for your body.  After all, isn't life worth more than food?  And isn't the body worth more than clothes?  Look at the bird:  they do not plant seeds, gather a harvest and put it in barns; yet your Father in heaven takes care of them!  Aren't you worth much more than birds?  Can any of you live a bit longer by worrying about it?"

All the stuff we worry about doesn't matter.  What matters most is our relationship with God.  In our times of trouble we must back up, take a deep breath, and reassure our faith with God.


Matthew 6 (24-34
Corinthians 4 (1-5)
Isaigh 49 (14-15)


Facebook Twitter

No comments: