Every family unit can benefit by following the virtues I have listed here:
1. Compassion: Have sympathy by those stricken by misfortune
2. Kindness: Be friendly
3. Humility: Know you are not better than any one else
4. Gentleness: Kindly and respectful in your approach and touch
5. Patience: Give people time to come together, especially when you don't see eye to eye.
6. Tolerance: This is key when you have a complaint against another
7. Forgiveness: Don't hold grudges. You have been forgiven many times. No one is perfect.
8. Love: Add this to all the above, as it binds everything together in perfect unity
9. Peacefulness: Try to be as one body
10. Thankful: Appreciate everything you have obtained in life. Be thankful for Christ's message with all its richness must live in your hearts.
11. Teacher: Instruct one another with all wisdom.
12. Praise: Sing, read and worship the Lord with Thanksgiving in your heart. Everything you do or say, then, should be done in the name of the Lord Jesus, as you give thanks through him to God the Father.
The above list is not one I made up. I obtained this wisdom from the Bible (Collossions (3: 12-17)
(My definition of family coming July 24, 2011)