slideshow widget

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Is each dose of Advair the same?

Every day at MyAsthmaCentral.com we get lots of asthma related questions. Below are some questions I thought my readers at the RT Cave would enjoy.

Your Question: I would like to ask you about the possibility of the end of month dosage of the discus being less than the early to mid month doses. I swear that the last 5 days of my treatment are far and away lower in effect than those before them. How could I test this theory?
My humble answer: The Advair discus has little capsules inside. Each time you prepare a dose you are crushing an individual capsule and then inhaling it. Theferore, each capsule has the same amount of medicine inside and you are getting the same dose with each puff regardless of whether it's the first or last dose of the discus.

I would imagine there are quotas the company has for making sure each capsule has the same dose in it. I'm not exactly sure the means of doing this.

If you have any further questions email me, or Visit MyAsthmaCentral.com's" Q&A section.

No comments: