Now that I've been working days for nearly six months I've had a chance to completely adjust. The following is what I find to be the advantages and disadvantages of working days.
1. Advantage: Doctors, they're always available to help the patients if you need them.
1. Disadvantage: Doctors, they're always available and sometimes irritatingly so.
2. Advantage: Doctor's orders. They keep patients ticking.
2. Disadvantage: Doctor's orders. Most are stupid.
3. Advantage: Bosses, they're always available
3. Disadvantage: Bosses, they're always available
4. Advantage: The Cafeteria is open.
4. Disadvantage: The cafeteria is open and the food is all fast food.
5. Advantage: Days off; you don't have to waste one to recuperate
5. Disadvantage: Waking up early.
6. Advantage: The RT bosses are always available.
6. Disadvantage: The RT bosses are always available.
7. Advantage: You're forced to use the stairs more often, which is good exercise.
7. Disadvantage: The elevators aren't where you left them, as what occurs on nights.
8. Advantage: With more RTs there's a greater likelihood you might get called off if it's slow.
8. Disadvantage: If its slow you get called off and have to use up vacation hours.
9. Advantage: More people available to help out.
9. Disadvantage: Too many people.
10. Advantage: You don't have to be up all night
10. Disadvantage: Fewer parking spots, and you have to park way out in BFE.