slideshow widget

Monday, August 2, 2010

The best asthmatic you can be

After reviewing my past writings, I wrote a post a while back called, "Being the Best Asthmatic you can be." I've decided that this ought to be an asthma type.

Sure you have Gallant Asthmatics -- who are prefect. Sure you have Goofus Asthmatics who are flawed in every sense of the word. Yet what of the rest of us who are normal? We ought to have an asthma classification of our own. Hence, the Adept Asthmatic.

This is the more realistic asthma type. They strive to be the best they can be, although they are not perfect because, if you think about it, perfection is not achievable. Normal asthmatics will miss an occasional dose of medicine, and will take an occasional extra puff on their inhaler, and may even use their rescue inhaler without a spacer.

Yet they are also not completely imperfect like Joe Goofus either.

I've added this to my asthma lexicon. You can check it out by clicking here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like this. I'm firmly in this category. I'm an asthmatic with depression and ADHD difficulties, and these sometimes prevent me from sticking to my med schedule, and sometimes my mental health requires me to exercise when I might otherwise be better off resting for a couple days, but I do the best I can, and make sure my pulmo knows how compliant I've been or failed to be, so that I don't end up increasing meds when I really just need to be better about not missing a dose here and there.