slideshow widget

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Facts about second hand smoke

Every day at MyAsthmaCentral.com we get lots of asthma related questions. Below are some questions I thought my readers at the RT Cave would enjoy.

Question: What are the hazards of second hand smoke? work at a nursing facility where the majority of the staff still smoke. The smoking shed is right next to my work shop and I can smell the smoke. Also, while I am working in the yard, smokers come up to me and continue to smoke. How dangerous is all of this? Can you help me with literature or information that I can give to my boss? He thinks I am over re-acting

My humble answer: Here's some ammo for you. All you have to do is follow the links:

1. Second hand smoke : facts about second hand smoke
2. Third hand smoke : Interesting article
3. Smokers quit kit: There's some info in here I think you'll find very useful, such as the listing of all the ingredients in a cigarette. Must read.
3. Second hand smoke and lung cancer

The is a war. We are in a war against ignorance. However, we can't just say, "Hey! You're ignorant." More or less, we have to lead by example, and we have to continue to learn the facts, and to share the facts.

You are wise to be concerned. Keep learning. And good luck on your quest to educate your friends and coworkers.

No comments: