"There are a lot of ignorant people in the world, because it is a lot easier to do nothing than it is to spend quality time learning."
Allow me to relate this quote to the field of respiratory therapy:
- Doctors who order breathing treatments for anything other than bronchospasm.
- Insurance and government agents who require breathing treatments be ordered on all RSV and pneumonia patients in order for the hospital to get reimbursement.
- Nurses who call for breathing treatments just because the patient wheezed, and without further assessing the patient for signs of bronchospasm.
- Respiratory therapists and nurses who accept all breathing treatment orders as needed.
- Patients who never question a doctor's order.
- Doctors who refuse to utilize the skill and expertise of respiratory therapists or nurse.
- Doctors who think they know more about a patient than the nurses and respiratory therapists standing at the bedside while the doctor is home in bed.
- Doctors who think everything should always go as planned.
- Patients who quit taking the medicine the doctor prescribed.
- Patients who don't read up on the diseases they have, and therefore continue to make return trips to the ER at our expense.