slideshow widget

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Just a thought about the inauguration

Here I am watching the presidential inauguration on the Today Show for some reason, and my wife made a good point. She said the broadcasters said some presidents are always late (Bill Clinton) and some always early (George W. Bush), but so far the Obama's are inconsistent. "That's quite unusual," said Tom Brokaw.

It's not unusual as far as I'm concerned. But I have kids, and therefore I understand that some days they can be easy to get dressed and cart off, and other days one can be a bull head and difficult to get off to school.

But no one said, "Well, he's probably discliplining his kids." That's what this RT dad did this morning anyway.

So then the cameras were on the hotel for at least 20 minutes, and the announcers kept telling us they were waiting for the Obama's to exit the building and get into the limousine. Then, finally they got on the limo, and it was a mere 20 second ride.

That was so exciting.

Obama says he's going to fix our health care system. I wish him the best of luck. However, I hope he keeps this advice in mind: "Sometimes doing nothing is better than doing something stupid."

Can you imagine how great Bush feels about now. Man, I bet he's having palpitations, just yearning for the moment this is all over. He's going to be so happy to be out of the limelight. He even admitted as much.

Obama, on the other hand, is walking into the most stressful, most criticized, job in the world. And he's doing it with little kids. It's hard enough raising kids with the stress of a normal job, one of which I don't have to think about my work when I'm not working.

So he's walking out into the crowd of a billion people. He has a serious expression on his face. I bet he's thinking, "Man, I have to pee real bad."

Just a thought.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was pretty funny today. Almost everyone I talked to was just primarily talking about the inauguration. It was almost like excellent brainwashing.

Unknown said...

Either he was thinking that or "Oh ---- what am I getting myself into?!?!"