slideshow widget

Monday, September 1, 2008

HAPPY LABOR DAY: National day of REST

This might be one of the best holidays of the year for RTs, considering: WE DO NOT MAKE PLANS FOR LABOR DAY. IT IS A DAY OF REST.

No plans is a good thing.
Of course, after I wrote the above, I checked Wikipedia:

"Today, Labor Day is often regarded as a day of rest..."

That's exactly what it is to me.


Initially, Congress made Labor Day in 1894 as a way to celebrate working men and women. "Traditionally, Labor Day is celebrated by most Americans as the symbolic end of the summer."

We are sad that summer is now officially over, yet we are happy for the day off.

Note: of course, since most hospitals don't recognize the holiday, we RTs only get to enjoy it every other year.)

Enjoy.

On that note, I'm going back to bed.

----------UPDATE--------------------

I did go back to bed. Then my daughter tapped me on the back.

"Come on, dad, "she said, "We're going to the beach."

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Isn't that the truth?

If I was still doing FT nights, I'd be sleeping alllllll day long, longer than usual. However, since I'm now in school, my "day off" was spent vigorously studying. Woo hoo.

Enjoy the holiday. Like you said, it only happens every other year for those of in the hospitals (besides administration...)