slideshow widget

Monday, April 14, 2008

Applicaiton for overtime

Because the census was so low in October here at Shoreline, the powers that be decided to make a new policy where all overtime has to be approved by the respective department bosses. Even while our department does not abuse overtime, the RT bosses were forced to buckle down on us too.

So, rather than having to call our boss at 2:00 a.m. tomorrow night, I am writing a slip right now asking for permission to have Paul come in to help out with the treatments I won't have time to do because Mr. Rasmussen is going to code at exactly 2:10 a.m. Wednesday morning.

And I'm also putting in a request to come in and help out next Saturday when, at precisely 4:16 in the evening, a school but is going to collide with a tanker on the expressway, requiring the need for four youngsters to be placed on ventilators. It's not going to be a pretty site, and doing all that work will be way too much for one person, so I figured I'd put in my application so I can help out.

Thursday night nothing is going to happen, so I don't think I'll need any assistance from any of my co-workers, and on Friday night, when Paul is working, it will be slow too. But on Saturday night, after those four kids are transported to the Great River Hospital, the emergency room will become inundated with COPD and asthma patients, a majority of whom will be admitted.

I don't want Paul to have to do the work of two RTs like I did last night, so I'm putting my application in now so he doesn't have to. Hopefully this overtime will be approved.

2 comments:

Breathingthroughschool said...

LOL that seems pretty ridiculous

Anonymous said...

Ah, administrators.

I worked in a switchboard once, and we got an email after an unexpected system failure in which the VP demanded that we notify him before the next unplanned outage.