- Pt Range: Pediatric (if ideal VT greater than 40cc or less than 400cc)
- Mode: PC if less than 10kg, otherwise PRVC
- VT: 5-7 cc/kg post-term to 14 YO
- PIP: Not greater than 30
- PEEP: Start 4 – 5 CWP
- FiO2: 5 – 10% above pre-intubation adjust to maintain desired SpO2.
- Rate: Normal for age
- I-time: a. Maintain I:E of 1:2
- I-Rise time: As appropriate for patient to create pseudo sign wave.
- PIP limit: 2-3 greater than PIP (other alarms as appropriate)
For a printable cheat sheet with this information and more, click here.
For a cheatsheet on setting up ventilator for neonates, click here.