slideshow widget

Monday, May 25, 2020

Why Don't Inhalers just Have Refills

Your Question. Why do pharmaceuticals companies use so much plastic. I could easily use my rescue inhaler delivery piece on more than one canister of albuterol. I clean it frequently anyway, especially now! One pump device for every three canisters or so would save a lot of waste...and COST!

My answer. That is a great point that you make. I have raised that myself to a pharmaceutical rep a time or two. That argument the other way is that pharmaceuticals want to make sure you have access to the whole inhaler when you pick up a new one. They don't want to assume a person has the medicine but no inhaler device to deliver it with. i think the general consensus is this makes it easier for asthmatics. Although, I do tend to agree with you. It would be a neat thing to advocate for if that was something you'd be interested in doing. 

No comments: