slideshow widget

Sunday, May 26, 2013

Judges and critics are needed, but they sure are annoying

I'm the kind of person, and I think many of my readers are probably the same way, who likes to go through life happy.  I like to go about my business, doing the things I enjoy doing, or doing things the way I enjoy doing them (which usually involves shortcuts), without having to worry about being judged and criticized.

Surely a little judging and criticism is good (it keeps people like me in line), but it's not good when there is too much of it.  And, yes, a little fear is good.  When you fear people that means you respect them.  However, if you are so afraid of someone, mainly because they are a judge and a critic, that you can't stand them to be around, then this is a problem.

Surely complainers and judges mean well.  They feel they have the solutions.  The point of it is they want things to be done right.  But what they often don't realize is that there are different definitions of "done right," with each person having his or her own definition.  Complainers and judges basically want things done the way they think is right. What they forget is there is more than one way to skin a cat. 

When you get to the point that you are so picky, and so much of a judge and criticizer, that no one wants you to be around, you are the problem not the solution.  It's time for you to mellow out and smell the roses, as opposed to complaining they were over watered.

No comments: