slideshow widget

Thursday, March 25, 2021

I am not an anti-masker. In fact, quite the contrary

I had a friend challenge me recently. He asked me if I had changed my views on being an anti-masker. And I said, "When did I say I was an anti-masker? I never said it! Find anywhere in my blog or Facebook page or anywhere where I said I was an anti-masker." 

Of course, he couldn't. Because I never said it. All I did was challenge the premise. All I did was ask questions. All I did was question the CDC which said, on its website, that masks prevent covid. And I still ask that question. How can they say that masks prevent. It would be fine if they said, "The premise is that if you wear a mask, it may help reduce your risk for getting covid." 

That would be fine by me. But to say they prevent is poppycock. And I'm talking about surgical masks. They do not prevent. And, of course, my friend came back to me. He said, "They have worn surgical masks in surgery for years because they prevent the spread of disease." 

And I said, "That is not why they wear surgical masks in surgeries. lol. The reason people wear surgical masks in surgery is to help reduce the spread of germs from the nurses and surgeons to the patients. It's in case they cough or sneeze. It's to keep the patient safe." 

But even that did not satiate my friend's haste to judge and cast me as an anti-masker. He was persistent and continues to nag me to this day. And I never really understood this until I watched CNN one day. And then I figured it out. I'm not saying everyone on CNN thinks masks prevent. But, the session I watched, all the people were pro-masker in a way that they believe if everyone wore a mask then we could end covid. 

And even that is not true. If everyone wore a mask, we would slow the spread for a while. But as soon as people started wearing masks again, covid would come back. A virus takes the course it takes. They run their course. 

I will give you a good example tomorrow. In the meantime, I encourage people to wear a mask until 2 weeks after the covid vaccine. Once you are vaccinated, there is not a reason to wear your mask anymore. If you still have to wear a mask, then what is the point of getting the vaccine? More on. this the days to come.  And I will also offer evidence. 

No comments: