slideshow widget

Saturday, October 24, 2020

Things pessimistic respiratory therapists say

There are lots of glass half empty sort of folks in healthcare. They say things like (what they really mean in parenthesis): 

"It was a hell of a night last night/ day." (Meaning, I had a busy end of my shift)

"Welcome to hell." (I actually had to work last night)

"You are going to have a bad night." (I had a bad day, so you better have one too)

"They are going to end up being intubated." (I want to intubate.)

"They are going to die." (Preventing it is requiring too much work on my part.)

"We are going to have a (COVID) surge! Any day now." (They believe everything the fake media says)

"It's only going to get worse." (I want to intubate. I am a pessimistic, negative person)

"We are going to intubate right away (they say this despite the fact the patient hasn't even arrived by ambulance yet. You can use your own judgment what it means.)

"He has only two weeks to live." (only God knows that)

These are all things a glass half full guy like me doesn't want to hear. 


No comments: