slideshow widget

Friday, July 1, 2016

The RT Cave Blogosphere

So I need to make a few comments about this blog. First, as you may have observed, there are no longer ads on it. This is because Goodle Adsense fired me. They will not tell me what I did, which is unfortunate.

I was actually getting to the point I was making about $100 every 2-3 months, so it's not like I was getting rich off ads. And I wrote on this blog many years before I ever put ads on here, so it's not like I need the money as an incentive to write.

Still, I am also at a point in my life where I was seriously considering donating what I made on this blog to some respiratory charity. But that idea is gone now. It's not a big deal, but it still kind of stinks.

So that pretty much means this entire blog is a charity.

Another change made here is that I will no longer submit posts on this blog about myself. I actually made this change quite a few years ago, and some of you have already discovered by asthma blog, "Hardluck Asthma."

I actually started writing the history of asthma on Hardluck Asthma, before writing about the history on this blog. Then I decided to just make a new blog called, "Asthma History."

For the record, asthma was once an umbrella term for all that is short of breath, so every lung disease is covered there, not just asthma as we now know it. So, if your'e interested in a history, check out my history blog.

If you are interested in politics, you can check out my political blog. Actually, it's not so much a political blog, mainly a place I can write about things other than respiratory therapy, other than me, other than medical. So you can find me over at "Articulating Ideas."

Now, if you read my political blog, keep in mind I have an opinion. It's actually a place I can share ideas I have with my kids, if they so care to read what I write. Perhaps in the future they might get interested. Although, in all due fairness, I don't even think they know it exists because I don't talk about it much.

And, as is true on all my blogs, I am not politically correct. So, if you go over there, be nice. You can be honest, but be nice.

And, as is the case with this blog, there are no ads on my other blogs either. So, they are all charities.

That said, I also do blogging where I get paid. From 2008 to 2016 I was an asthma and COPD expert over at healthcentral.com. Some of those posts I republished here (come to think of it, maybe that's what Adsense didn't like).

Beginning this year I am an asthma and COPD expert at COPD.net and Asthma.net. These posts will not be republished here, per my contract. So, if you want to read them, you'll have to go there, or follow me on Facebook or Twitter. Or, you can like COPDdotnet on Facebook and Asthmadotnet on Facebook.

So you can find me all over the place. And that should explain why this blog has been less active of late. Still, I will post here from time to time, and I will link to it at the Respiratory Therapy Cave Fakebook page and on RT Cave on Twitter. So, you can follow me and I'll keep you posted.

Anyway, hope you are all doing well.

No comments: