- Wrath: Anger. People have a natural tendency to feel defensive, and mad when things don't go their way, or they feel threatened.
- Greed: The desire for material wealth or gain. You are unsatisfied with what you have. You are unhumbled.
- Sloth: Lazy. You avoid physical work. You are dependent on others. You avoid spiritual work.
- Pride: Excesive belief in your abilites to the point it interveres with your recognition of the grace of God. Many people say that all other sins arise from pride, also known as vanity.
- Lust: You have an inordinate crazing for the pleasures of the body. You are a drug addict, or you are a sex addict. You put personal pleasure before God.
- Envy: Instead of being satisfied, or humbled, you want what other people have. You want their status, their stuff, their situation, their money, their house. You are jealous of them.
- Gluttony: Inate desire to eat and drink to fullness.
Saturday, May 11, 2013
The Seven Deadly Sins
Man is born with the tendency to sin. As a Catholic I was taught that man is born with the seven deadly sins already wrapped up under his belt, and this is the purpose of Baptism. The seven deadly sins are: