slideshow widget

Monday, January 28, 2013

What if I get called to court?

Your humble question:  I was recently called and told I had to go talk to the hospital lawyer about a patient who is sueing.  Do you have any advice as to what I do?  What I say? 

My humble answer:  I'm glad you didn't tell me about the case, because the most important thing is you never talk about it or write about it.  The next important thing is that when you are in court, or talking to the opposing lawyer, you don't volunteer any information.  All you do is answer the question asked and that's it.  If it's a yes or no question, you say yes or no. Also, unless specifically asked, do not give any information except what is in your charting.  Be honest, relax, and you'll do just fine. 

I'm giving this advice based on my own experience with lawyers and judges, and also based on advice given to me.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is so true! Be there hear that!