slideshow widget

Saturday, December 1, 2012

Things I love hearing a patient say

The following is what keeps me going:
  1. I love it when I draw and ABG and the patient says, "That didn't even hurt."  
  2. I love it when I do an EKG and the patient says, "That's it?"
  3. I love it when I do a breathing treatment and the patient says, "Wow!  I feel much better.  I wasn't expecting it to work like that!"
  4. I love it when a patient says, "The way you prepared me for and walked me through that extubation made me at ease about it."
  5. I love it when you set up a patient on BiPAP and the next morning they say, "That was the first good sleep I had in ten years."
  6. I love it when a patient says, "I feel at home here.  You guys are a great bunch."
  7. I love it when a patient says, "The last time I came here a goofus asthmatic, and now I'm a gallant asthmatic having a bad day, and I all it all to you."
  8. I love it when you talk to a person the day after doing CPR on him and he says, "That was a neat experience.  I saw my dad standing by the lights of the pearly gates and he told me to go back home."
What are some things you like hearing a patient say?


1 comment:

Luke said...

hope to one day hear the same from my own patients!! :)