- I love it when I draw and ABG and the patient says, "That didn't even hurt."
- I love it when I do an EKG and the patient says, "That's it?"
- I love it when I do a breathing treatment and the patient says, "Wow! I feel much better. I wasn't expecting it to work like that!"
- I love it when a patient says, "The way you prepared me for and walked me through that extubation made me at ease about it."
- I love it when you set up a patient on BiPAP and the next morning they say, "That was the first good sleep I had in ten years."
- I love it when a patient says, "I feel at home here. You guys are a great bunch."
- I love it when a patient says, "The last time I came here a goofus asthmatic, and now I'm a gallant asthmatic having a bad day, and I all it all to you."
- I love it when you talk to a person the day after doing CPR on him and he says, "That was a neat experience. I saw my dad standing by the lights of the pearly gates and he told me to go back home."
Saturday, December 1, 2012
Things I love hearing a patient say
The following is what keeps me going: