According to Parenting Magazine's November 2010 issue, the following are some facts you might want to consider before you sip that extra cup of coffee. Now this wouldn't stop me, yet still it's good to know all the facts about what you're putting into your body so you can be responsible for your decisions.
So, that said, here are some facts:
- 4-5 cups*: Can cause nervousness, insomnia, and irregular heart rhythms.
- 3/5 - 4.5 cups: Produces higher insulin levels and reduces insulin sensitivity, increasing diabetes risk.
- 2.5-3.5 cups: Increases risk of miscarriage and low birth-weight babies -- if pregnant, talk to doc.
- 2-3 cups: Significantly increases blood pressure, potentially shortening your life span by 5 years.
- 1.5 - 2.5 cups: Gives you more staying power for your fun
- 1-1.5 cups: Boosts your alertness and mental performance
*1 cup = 6 ounces of brewed coffee