slideshow widget

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

How long does Singulair take to start working?

Every day at MyAsthmaCentral.com we get lots of asthma related questions. Below are some questions I thought my readers at the RT Cave would enjoy.

Your Question: I've started taking Singulair for asthma/allergies. When will I start seeing the effects?

My Humble Response: It usually takes 2-3 weeks to start receiving the desired effect. This is why you should never wait until you're having an asthma flare up to start taking this medicine, unless you're using it for exercise induced bronchospasm. This is an asthma controller medicine that must be in your system at all times to PREVENT asthma, and therefore you should take it even when you're feeling good. Otherwise, it usually takes 2-3 weeks to get into your system.

Your Question: Does asthma cause weight gain? My daughter is on steroids for her asthma, and she is gaining weight.

My Humble Answer: Asthma does not cause weight gain. However, systemic corticosteroids used to treat asthma (or other ailments) can cause weight gain.

If you have any further questions email me, or Visit MyAsthmaCentral.com's" Q&A section.

No comments: