slideshow widget

Monday, December 15, 2008

Be careful seeking advice

One must be careful when seeking advice
Not to seek it from the one who is bored
Or someone who's had the job a while,
And is burned out.

That was a mistake I made twice.

I really wanted to be a teacher.
I asked the teacher:
Would this make a good career?"
"No!" he grumbled. "The pay is poor."

I decided to be a counselor.
I asked the counselor:
"Would this make a good career?"
He said, "No! The pay is poor."

So I went to journalism school,
I learned great writing skills,
I learned I loved to write,
but I hated being a snoop.

So I quit and went to RT school.
I think fate drove me this way,
but I'd have made a good teacher,
and a good counselor too.

The moral: It is good to heed the advice of experts, and follow one's own heart.

No comments: