slideshow widget

Monday, June 23, 2008

An RT with a Segway would be COOL

It is said that an average RT walks 20 miles each 12 hour shift. There are some busy days that my feet are killing me by the time my shift is done. Sure, the excercise is good, but there comes a point when all that walking catches up with you.

I also think that I do not want to be doing this when I'm 60, as I see some of my elder co-workers are limping and ailing all the time. Is it because their bodies are superanuated? (That means: worn out from years of service.) Or just the normal aging process?

Still, when I first saw a Segway on TV a few years back, I thought: I definitely want one of those.

That would be so cool to drive a segway from room to room, floor to floor. Man, that would be awesome.

Now if I could just talk my RT Boss into buying me one.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so cool! I see the security guards at my local mall using those things. I want one too! I am thinking about getting those sneakers with wheels in them.

Glenna said...

I've thought the same thing, especially after my knee surgery. I remember one night after walking back and forth from our pediatric urgent care through the tunnel to the building next door on our campus (1/2 mile each way) about five times to give treatments that I had to find a bathroom to puke in. That was right after I returned from surgery so thank God my knee is better now but I think the same thoughts. I wear a pedometer (wellness counselor's suggestion). On a night I'm in a unit it's about 5-7 miles for me. On A&T or BiPaps, it can be 7-10 miles. Haven't made the 20 mark but it sure feels like it some mornings when I hobble home.