slideshow widget

Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving

Part of being a productive respiratory therapist one must maintain a happy home life. Me, I have a good home life and I'm thankful for it.

I'm thankful for my kids: Here's a couple entertaining kid stories. Some of these happened a few years ago, but regardless I'm thankful for the memories.

1. My son was probably 2 or 2.5, and I cleaned out the fridge and placed a small bottle of stale 7-up on the kitchen table. I went to work and my wife took a nap (with one eye open) on the couch.

My son woke her up. "Mommy, mommy, I was thirsty, but don't worry because I got myself something to drink. I didn't want you to know about it, so I put the cap back on."

My wife looked up and the 7-up bottle was emptly.

2. I let my daughter run around naked to air out herbutt, and while she was doing this I went to the computer to play a little game.

"Yook Daddy, yook, yook," my daughter said just moments after I got involved in the game. At first I tried ignoring her, but she’s too darn cute to ignore. Then she stuck this gift that she had for me right up to my face and said, "Yook, daddy. Yook, yook."

I looked down at her little palm, and thought, "What the heck is this?" Before I realized what it was, I went to grab it:

"Woah!!" I said to myself, "It’s a big poop."

I thought, "What the heck do I do with it?" So I decided, having no other choice, to pick it out of her hand.

"Baby," I said, "Where are these supposed to go?"

"Daddy dot it, Daddy dot it."

Fortunately for daddy, it was a big, solid poop.

3. One of us left the back door open, and we had a little visitor. A few days after placing poison behind the fridge a little mouse was sitting, squeeking, on the rug by the padio door in the dining room.

"Look, daddy, a little mousy. I'm going to pet it."

"No, that's okay," I said, stopping her.

I donked the mouse on the head, because I didn't want to chance it getting away. My daughter was all excited and laughing at this.

I took her into the back yard, and together we dug a hole and burried the little mousy. Moments later I noticed she was digging with her little toy shovel where the mouse was burried.

"What are you doing?"

"I have some peanuts for it," she showed me the acorns in her hand. "I want to get it back up so I can feed it."

1 comment:

mielikki said...

I am sure that they are both just so happy that you told those stories. . . .
happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.